These lentil meatballs are packed with flavor, easy to whip up, totally vegetarian, and vegan, plus… gluten-free!
- a quarter of a kilo of green beans
- 2 finely sliced carrots
- 1/2 kilo of green lentils
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 100 grams of flour
- oil for frying
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of grated ginger
- a quarter of a liter of tomato puree
- 1/2 liter of vegetable broth
- a quarter of a liter of cream
Soak the lentils for at least 6 hours.
2Mix the lentils, cumin, onion, turmeric, cilantro and flour well with your hands. Form into small balls the size of a plum and place on a tray covered with aluminum foil. Cover with cling wrap, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
In a frying pan, fry the meatballs in very hot oil. When you take them out of the oil, put them on a plate lined with paper towels to soak up excess grease.
In a separate pan, heat 2 cm of oil and stir fry the ginger and garlic over medium heat for a couple of minutes.
Add the tomato puree, cream, and broth and mix well.
Boil uncovered for 10 minutes over low heat.
Add the carrot, meatballs and beans, cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.