These lentil meatballs are packed with flavor, easy to whip up, totally vegetarian, vegan, and optionally gluten-free!
- a quarter of a kilo of green beans
- 2 finely sliced carrots
- 1/2 kilo of green lentils
- 1 large onion
- 1 large potato
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 100 grams of flour
- oil for frying
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of grated ginger
- a quarter of a liter of tomato puree
- 1/2 liter of vegetable broth
- a quarter of a liter of cream
Put the lentils in soaking for 6 hours
Cut the onion and potato into thin slices.
Mix the lentils, potatoes, cumin, onion, turmeric, cilantro and flour well; With the dough make small balls the size of a plum and place them in a tray covered with aluminum foil; covers put them in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
In a frying pan fry the meatballs with very hot oil. When you take them out of the oil put on a plate with kitchen paper to release all the oil from the fried.
Heat in a saucepan 2 cm of oil and stir fry the ginger and garlic over medium heat for a couple of minutes.
Pour the tomato puree, the cream, the broth and mix well.
Boil uncovered for 10 minutes over low heat.
Add the carrot, meatballs and beans, cover and simmer for 30 minutes stirring occasionally