These are classic, old-world stuffed potatoes with a surprise inside! Perfect for the meat and potato-lover, these tasty sides are stuffed with hearty and filling lamb and veal.
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons of chopped onion
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 1 green chili without chopped seeds
- a quarter of a kilo of lamb meat
- finely chopped veal
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves
- black pepper for seasoning
- 2 tablespoons of chickpea flour
- vegetable oil
Boil the potatoes until they are tender.
Drain them with a colander, scoop out the middles and puree them.
In a saucepan heated to medium, low heat, add the butter, garlic, onion and chili to create a paste. Next, add the meat and cook until lightly browned.
Add the sugar, potato puree, the lemon juice and coriander leaves and sprinkle in the pepper.
Stir well and then make a paste with chickpea flour and cold water.
Stuff the potato halves with the mixture and then bake them at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve them hot with a dollop of sour cream and garnish with chopped green onion.