When you just have 30 minutes to make a meal, why not make this delicious dish of peas and curried eggs? It’s so satisfying, yet still very healthy… perfect for vegetarians and those who eat gluten-free.
- 4 boiled eggs, peeled and halved lengthwise
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 3 tablespoons oil or butter
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 ½ teaspoons garam masala
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 125 grams of peeled and chopped canned tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon of tomato puree concentrate
- 125 ml. water
- 125 grams paneer, cubed (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon yogurt
- 80 grams frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
Melt the oil or butter in a saucepan over medium heat and sprinkle both sides with turmeric. Brown the eggs until golden, stirring continuously. Set them aside to cool.
Sauté the bay leaf, onion, and garlic, stirring frequently until the mixture reduces and has a golden tone. Add garam masala, coriander, and chili powder and cook just until it becomes fragrant.
Add the chopped tomato, tomato puree, and water to the pan. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
4Now, it’s time to add the eggs, paneer (optional), yogurt, salt, and peas. Cook for 5 additional minutes.
5Remove the bay leaf and garnish with the finely chopped cilantro.
Serve hot over white rice.